The tasks appeared to be much more elaborate compared to regular service projects for the remote support of IT infrastructure.
Apart from impeccable quality of services and efficient use of resources, the ICL Services succeeded in:
- aligning their IT infrastructure with the corporate standards
- reducing total cost of ownership of IT infrastructure through efficient redeployment of resources
- providing support for a number of major IT infrastructure projects (including development of a new data center in the Moscow region, consolidation of existing infrastructure elements)
Goals and objectives
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Operational and engineering support of servers, databases, storage systems, and virtual infrastructure
- End-user support on the first line (Service Desk)
- Support, configuration, and accomplishment of the WMS class information systems
Implemented our solution
- The ICL Services’ team provides continuous operation of the customer’s infrastructure components, performing routine maintenance of the infrastructure and promptly removing the problems that arise.
- Design works to improve the information systems stability have also been implemented in the scope of the project.
- It should be noted that the project has been developed to provide 24×7 Service Desk services in two languages (Russian and English).
- The scope of services included a first line of support which consisted of receiving the calls, processing and fulfillment of incidents and requests for services. We used effective practices of incident management and service request handling, as well as practices of lean production (Lean).
During the servicing period the ICL Services’ specialists have implemented several projects which included:
- Design and implementation of the Oracle Cluster on the Red Hat platform in the data center
- Design and implementation of the MS SQL cluster in the data center
- Implementation of the Grid Control solution which covered the customer’s Oracle infrastructure
- A team of specialists has implemented the solutions which enabled to monitor the Wintel and Unix servers in the absence of a unified monitoring system within the Itella’s infrastructure. In addition, the ICL Services’s experts have succeeded in building a process approach in the change management and optimization the interaction between the teams involved in provision of services to the Itella.
Products and technologies
- Windows Server OS 2003/2008 r2;
- AIX 5.3/4, Linux RHEL 5/6, CentOS 6;
- ESXi 4 (VMWare VSphere 4);
- MS SQL 2005/2008 r2;
- Oracle 9i/10g/11g;
- Storages: NetApp/ HP;
- NetApp FAS3240, P2000 G3 FC, MSA2012FC, MSA2324FC;
- DFM-server (ver 4.x), SnapManager for MSSQL;
- NetApp VSC for VMware vSphere v4.1.
- As a result of the cooperation with the ICL Services, the Itella has received quality services in accordance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Average time of classification and routing of requests has decreased from 7 hours to 30 minutes.
- Desk, available 24x7, completely covers 35% of all requests received on the first line.
- Average number of incidents per month in 2011 decreased from 147 to 42
- Average number of service requests decreased from 265 to 56
YOU CAN ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE AND GET CLOSE CONSULTATION ON OUR SERVICES.
Head of Service Delivery