As the company opened production sites in Europe, it faced the challenge of supporting users with the current team.
Interaction between the distributed IT team was problematic, and foreign language support was now essential.To solve this issue and optimize the IT service, the client turned to the experts of ICL Services.
- Modernize the IT services catalog.
- Develop a new organiza-tional structure for the IT service following new busi-ness requirements.
- Develop models and regu-lations for major IT pro-cesses.
Implemented our solution
The project started in May 2018 and was divided into 4 steps.
First of all, the ICL Services team chose the format of the IT services catalog according to the customer's needs and described all the IT services provided. In addition to the catalog, a standard IT service-level agreement was developed.
Working together with the customer, we identified the main IT processes that needed to be regulated and automated in the first place. The list of the main processes included:
- Incident management,
- Service request management,
- Access request management,
- Knowledge management.
Detailed regulations were created for all processes, including business process models in IDEF and BPMN notations, as well as protocols for IT-service specialists.There was also training on the basics of ITIL and procedures during the main processes for IT specialists.
- Within four months, the customer's IT service was upgraded to meet the new business requirements of going global.
- Due to the new instructions and regulations, support specialists will be able to provide service at all times and of higher quality.